Child Law Solicitors and Lawyers in Carlisle and Penrith....
Children issues on separation and divorce
- Who are the children going to live with?
- Can we share residence / custody of the children?
- What are reasonable contact / access arrangements?
- When contact / access is not appropriate?
- Do I have a say in the children's upbringing?
- Can my partner emigrate with the children?
- What is my maintenance liability for the children?
- What rights do grandparents have for access to the children?
- Can paternity be established in cases where it is not clear?
- My child has not been returned after contact, what can I do?
If you need further advice on any of these issues call Williams and Airey Solicitors Carlisle on (01228) 829530, or Williams and Airey Divorce Solicitors Penrith on (01768) 593100, to arrange an initial 1/2 hour consultation.
Dispute resolution options
In our experience the majority of children disputes can be resolved without the need for the court's involvement through negotiations, mediation or collaborative law. During your initial consultation we will advice you about the most appropriate dispute resolution options in your case.
If court proceedings are needed, we can assist you in bringing or defending an application through the courts. In the event that you are not eligible for legal aid we offer a fixed fee Children Act application package which covers all work up to and including the first appointment.
- Issuing the application with the court.
- Postal service on the other party.
- Representation at first appointment.
- Preparation of any orders following the first hearing.